A Note from the Superintendent.
5 months ago
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided guidance for schools to plan, prepare, and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19). Working together with state and local health departments, we all have an important role in slowing the spread of diseases to help ensure safe and healthy learning environments.
While the risk to those living in the U.S. remains low, we want you to know that Milnor Public School is monitoring the situation, and we are planning our response to the health and academic needs of students in case of an outbreak.
The guidance we have received from the ND Department of Health is as follows:
- wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw it away;
- clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces/objects regularly;
- get plenty of rest, drink fluids, and eat healthy foods;
- avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- and stay home when you are sick.
Milnor Public School stresses these same things with students each year during normal cold and flu season, and we ask that you continue to reinforce this at home.
Symptoms of the COVID-19 include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. If you develop symptoms, please call your health provider and tell them about your recent travel or exposure.
Milnor Public School takes the safety of our students and staff very seriously. We will continue to monitor the situation, work with state and local health officials, and follow recommended guidance as it becomes available. We have posted Coronavirus information on our district's website at www.milnor.k12.nd.us.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have questions, contact us at (701) 427-5237 OR Chris.Larson@k12.nd.us.