First Grader’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Care Package

Mrs. Wittich’s first grade class has “adopted” Mrs. Faulkway’s 3rd grade class from Richmond, TX. This is one of the areas that have been so devastated by Hurricane Harvey. We are putting together a care package to send to those kids once they return to school. If you would like to donate something to our care package we would greatly appreciate it. Some ideas might include school supplies, books, games, puzzles, small toys, non perishable snacks, or anything you can think of that might brighten the day of these 8-9 year old kids. Right now most of the schools in that area are scheduled to resume school on September 11, but that can vary from school to school depending on the damage they have sustained, so I will not be sending the package until they are back in school and things have settled down. I don’t want to add to the chaos that is already going on and I don’t want our package to get lost on the way. I am thinking probably the end of September or beginning of October. If you would like to donate to our project please send items to school and we will have a box in the first grade classroom.

Thanks for your help and support,

Mrs. Wittich and the First Graders